- Secure Zones: 5191
- Registration: /Outdoor_Recreation/Adventure_Club/Signup
- Membership: Outdoor Adventure Club
- Location: 6200 So. Wasatch Blvd,
UTA Park n Ride, Cottonwood Heights
- Time:8 AM
- Display Price:
- Disclaimer: I agree to participate at my own risk. I will not to hold Live and Thrive LLC, Sheryl McGlochlin, her assistants, or affiliates responsible or liable for my safety. I understand that hiking can be dangerous and/or strenuous. I agree to go at a pace I am comfortable with and tell Sheryl about any concerns I have regarding this activity. I agree to tell Sheryl or her assistants if I don't feel comfortable or safe with any part of this outing. I agree to stay with the group and abide by Sheryl's guidelines for my safety and the protection and safety of others. I understand that consulting my physician is strongly recommended if I am new to this sport or have been inactive in the past. If I am new to Sheryl's group, I agree to attend a 30 minute hiking orientation, held every Saturday in the same parking lot prior to leaving for the hike. I understand I am not obligated to hike afterward. I understand I may communicate with Sheryl in person during this time and ask questions. In addition I may contact Sheryl via email at email@example.com or call/text: 801-278-5313 if needed.
- List Options:
- Garden Group:23631
- Mini Utah Weekend Vacations:29688
- International Adventure Trips:26510
- Event Options:
- Unit: person
- Units: people
- Max: 5
Welcome to our Spring Hiking Season!
On this unseasonably warm spring day this is a fun trail with lots of options and incredible views of downtown Salt Lake City and the whole valley!
TIMELINE: Also TWO places to meet us for the hike:
8 AM - Regular Meeting Place #1: As usual start gathering at 6200 South Wasatch Blvd., carpool options, pre-hike orientation meeting, meet leaders and other hikers. There won't be very many at this location since many may meet us at our trailhead. See below.
8:30 AM - Drive to trailhead -
8:55 AM - Meeting Place #2: More hikers will meet us here: Park on the the EAST side of the Utah State Capitol Building. Once you are out of your car you'll find more of our hikers gathering on the sidewalk. Shortly after 9 AM, we'll walk down the stairs (there are 2 sets of stairs to take that lead to the same place) into Memory Grove. From there we walk on the dirt trail, heading north, parallel the paved road. If you prefer walk on the paved road. You'll be able to see our hikers the whole time. Those on the dirt trail will get off this trail at the main bridge, then walk on the paved road for less than 1/4 mile before getting on another dirt trail, the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, that starts to climb.
NOTE: This is a MULTI USE TRAIL! Be aware of those around you, bikes, dogs, trail runners, etc. Stay to the right and let others pass you. There are areas that are steeper. Don't feel pressure to hike faster. Stop whenever you feel like it but step out of the way. Stop and take photos often if you like. This is a great trail for all hiking abilities. If you prefer a short hike, stop and turn around at any point. Everyone will be coming back down this same trail.
Most of all, have fun and enjoy the incredible weather this weekend!!!
10:30 AM - Where ever you are, start heading back on the same trail at this time. 11:30 AM - Arrive back to the cars near the Capitol on or before this time.
Who should attend?
Those who enjoy…
- Meeting other outdoor enthusiasts
- Exploring beautiful scenery in Utah
- Living an active, meaningful, healthy lifestyle OR desiring this kind of lifestyle
- Outdoor recreation
Show up and come prepared for a wonderful hike!
Regardless of the weather, there is always a hike. (I have several options for hikes that don’t require entering a canyon, if that is necessary.)
Attend our weekly PRE Hike Orientation to learn how to be warm and comfortable on every outings. 8 - 8:30 AM every Saturday prior to leaving on the hike.
ALL hikes accommodate beginner AND moderate abilities.
8 AM: Start gathering, welcome hikers, final instructions, arrange carpools as needed, any announcements.
8:30 AM: Leave for the trail
8:40 - 8:50 AM: Arrive at the trail
11:30 AM: Off the trail on or before this time. You are always invited to do a short hike instead if you prefer. Let me know at the meeting place. If a hike is longer than 11:30 AM I’ll post it in advance.
- Plenty to see and do
- Incredible get-away for a few hours every week
- Enjoy fun, positive, friendly, active, adventurous people
- Variety of skill levels for all age and ability
- Abundance of fresh air
- Drive or carpool.
- When carpooling, please pay your driver a few dollars. Keep track of your driver on the mountain.
Hiking Trail Conditions
I will let you know in the subject line what is needed.
Hiking Safety Tips
(This link includes hiking tips for the Grand Canyon but they apply here as well)
- Safety is always our top priority.
As a member of our group you are required to abide by these safety tips and rules for the safety and protection of you and everyone in our group.
Never hike alone
Be aware of altitude - Some hikes we do in the summer season may reach 11,000 feet above sea level. Even mild exertion may leave you feeling light-headed and nauseated.
Wear hiking shoes or boots with good ankle support and traction.
Always carry and drink plenty of water.
Keep your eyes open for others around you who may need assistance or be happy to have a new friend.
Stay on designated trails and away from cliff edges
Do not rely on physical strength alone, hiking smart will take you much farther.
2836 East Casto Lane
Holladay UT 84117
801-278-5313 (cell for texting)
liveandthrive.com - website
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Only members can register for this event. Please login now or Join below.
We have your email address recorded as . If this is not the best address to send event details to, please update your contact info.